Micropest - Pest Control Sydney
OPEN 7 AM - 10 PM 7 DAYS.
Why Choose Us. ?
1) Well-established, affordable, Australian, family-owned, and managed pest control company. Competent in every facet of both domestic and commercial pest control. We are not a very big pest control Sydney company, but we are a very good one. Our Google customer reviews reflect that.
2) Micropest is unique; all our termite inspection and pest control specialists have been in the industry for over thirty-five years. No apprentices, franchisees, or contractors.
3) We use the latest safe yet effective, baby, environmentally and pet-friendly technology for both residential and commercial pest control, enabling us to provide you peace of mind pest-free environment.
4) All our technicians have insurance (professional indemnity, public liability) and have a currently certified pest management license.
5) Micropest uses the latest technologically advanced termite inspection tools. We don't charge termite inspection customers anything to use thermal imaging or Terma-track.
6) We are located in three locations, the C.B.D of Sydney ( Chippendale office is now relocated to Surry Hills. ), Upper North Shore ( Wahroonga ), and the northernmost suburb of Sydney Berowra. We provide a Sydney wide service area.
7) Our exterminators wear disposable medical jumps suits, disposable nitrol gloves, and plastic boots before we enter your house. No dirty boots or clothes are stomping through your home!
8) Quality pest control products and services. The best pest control Sydney has to offer.
9) All our staff are fully Covid - 19 vaccinated, wear masks, social distance and get a Covid-19 check every Tuesday morning.
Important Facts About A Current Pest Control License
The head technician for Micropest - Pest Control Sydney is Gerard Dallow; he has over thirty-five years of providing pest solutions for thousands of pest infestations. Ten years in South Australia and twenty-five on the Sydney's North Shore, C.B.D of Sydney, Inner West, Eastern Suburbs, Northern Beaches, and Hills districts.
A significant difference between the licensing today and licensing thirty-five years ago is getting a full pest license. It used to take three years to complete. Today you can buy a franchise, and a trainer can give you a permit within seven days.
When I started, I had to study at TAFE and spend the allocated time being trained by someone with a full license which was three years. I was very fortunate as the person who taught me was in his late sixties and had been in the industry for over forty years. He was the number one trouble shooter for Flick Adelaide for ten years. I learned a lot more than most, but he did treat me like an apprentice and a general dogs body.
When you first start with the pest industry, you go through the motions. You don't overthink what you are doing. But like a fine wine, a good pest controller after five or so years starts to years starts to think about why and where they are spraying. After spending ten years in the pest industry, you're an expert, and you can do it in your sleep. Thirty-five years in the industry, and you're at the top of the food chain.
It is rare to have a pest tech come to your house with over thirty-five years of experience. So, when you telephone Micropest pest control Sydney, you will get an operator who has been in the industry for more than thirty-five years to carry out your pest service.
Differentiation Between Past And Current Pest Control Treatments.
In a nutshell, the main fundamental difference between pest management in the past, and current methods, is all about repellent and non-repellent chemicals. When I first started in the industry, all the pest treatments we used were very cheap, toxic, environmentally unfriendly, smelly, messy, repellent and just outright dangerous. Some are even believed to be carcinogenic. The attitude was the more potent and the smellier the chemical was, and the more chemical applied, the better. Customers complained if there was not enough toxic smell or swimming pools of chemicals left on the floors, old school.
The current modern quality pest control treatments are little or low odour, non-repellent, low toxicity, expensive, stainless, and most importantly, environmentally friendly. Environmentally friendly in the sense that they don't stay in the environment for an extended period. Unfortunately, most effective pest control treatments have an element of toxicity but in increments relative to the target pest and not to babies and pets. Treatments are applied more strategically, reducing the amount of volume. Today if the pest treatment applied smells, the customer complains. But be warned, many cowboys out there will use highly toxic cheap chemicals to save a few dollars.
What is going on recently?
We now in spring. October is here and Freedom day is near. October has been warm and humid this year, directly reflecting the increased amount of termites, bees, rat infestations, cockroaches and spiders. As the temperatures rise, I expect the number of rat infestations to grow even more and the spiders and cockroaches infestations to increase.
The number one pest at present in Sydney is termites. With all the rain we have had lately and the warm weather, termites, are increasing. The second most popular pest at present is fleas. With COVID-19 and the lockdown, many more people exercise their dogs more in the local parks and pick up other dogs stray fleas, especially in high-density living areas. Thirdly, many people are working from home and ordering takeaway food instead of eating out. The German cockroach infestations have increased dramatically. Lastly, people have a little more time on their hands; they are getting all those jobs done that have been waiting for eons, such as termite inspections, termite control, and pest control treatments.
1) If you hear noises in the roof, do not delay investigating. Rats do like to gnaw on electrical wires and have been known to cause fires. After the rats have been controlled, if you wash your house with a diluted solution of Chlorine, it will remove the pheromone tracks from the rats making it less likely for a rat re-infestation.
2) Cut trees away from the roof of your house, making it more difficult for possums and rats to gain entry to your roof cavity. Also, install downpipe filters to stop rats from climbing up the downpipes to access the roof.
3) Any signs of German cockroaches in your house or apartment, please do not spray them as you will spread them throughout your abode. Instead, ring a professional, and they will bait them with a cockroach bait called Maxforce Gold.
4) If you go on holiday, please check your hotel room for bed bugs before staying in the room. If found, ask to move to another room if not change hotels. Unpack your luggage outside when you arrive home and never store your luggage in the bedroom.
5) If you haven't had a termite inspection for a while, it is strongly recommended to get one at least once a year. Not only is it necessary, but it will give you peace of mind.
6) As soon as you see a male Brush Turkey in your yard, Rabbits or Bandicoots. Run down to Bunnings and pick up a couple of bags of the smelliest dynamic lifter you can find and spread it evenly over your lawn and gardens, and sometimes if you are lucky, the smell sends them next door. They all have all have very sensitive noses. Rake up all the leaves starting July to November, so the male bush turkey has nothing to make the nest.
7) If you find termites in the garden or house, ring a termite control expert promptly. Termites cause considerable damage. Do not spray termites. Leave them alone until a professional can evaluate them; otherwise, it might take a lot longer to exterminate them and cost you considerably more.
8) If you find wasps in the garden or house, don't delay ring Micropest promptly. Bees and wasps are dangerous and should be treated by trained professionals.
Pest Control Sydney Price List
Micropest provides the following services at an approximate price. Please don't hesitate to ring for all domestic and commercial pest control because we have specials from time to time, and we are flexible.The best pest control sydney has to offer.
Micropest - Pest Control Sydney will endeavour to assist you in the best and most helpful way and will always treat the customer with respect honestly and ethically.
Address: 24/24-36 Pacific Highway, Wahroonga N.S.W 2076
Phone:1300 243 377
Hours: Open 7 days, 7 am–10 pm
We provide the same day emergency services for the Upper North Shore suburbs of Wahroonga, Pymble, Hornsby, Turramurra, Westleigh and Thornleigh.
Address:111 Yallambee Road Berowra, Sydney N.S.W 2081.
Phone:(02) 9489 0013
Hours: Open 7 days, 7 am–10 pm
We provide the same day emergency services for Berowra, Galston, Arcadia, Brooklyn, Mt White, Mt Colah and Asquith.
Address: 1/457 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills N.S.W 2010.
Phone:1300 884 166
Hours: Open 7 days, 7 am–10 pm
We provide the same day emergency services for the inner Sydney suburbs of Surry Hills, Paddington, Redfern, Alexandria, Glebe, Newtown, Pyrmont, Camperdown and Ultimo.