Micropest - Pest Control Sydney
OPEN 7 AM - 10 PM 7 DAYS.
Why Choose Us. ?
1) Well-established, affordable, Australian, family-owned, and managed pest control company that is competent in every facet of both domestic and commercial pest treatments. We are not a very big pest control Sydney company, but we are a very good one. Our Google customer reviews reflect that.
2) Micropest - Pest Control Sydney is unique; all our termite inspection and pest control specialists have been in the industry for over thirty-five years. No apprentices, franchisees, or contractors.
3) We use the latest safe yet effective, baby, environmentally and pet-friendly technology for both residential and commercial pest control which enables us to provide you peace of mind pest-free environment.
4) All our technicians have insurance (professional indemnity, public liability) and have a currently certified pest license.
5) Micropest uses the latest technologically advanced termite inspection tools. We don't charge termite inspection customers anything to use thermal imaging or Terma-track.
6) We are located in three locations, the C.B.D of Sydney ( Chippendale office is now relocated to Surry Hills. ), Upper North Shore ( Wahroonga ), and the northernmost suburb of Sydney Berowra. We provide a Sydney wide service area.
7) Our exterminators wear disposable medical jumps suits, disposable nitrol gloves, and plastic boots before we enter your house. No dirty boots or clothes are stomping through your home!
8) Micropest practice social distancing and wear nitrol gloves and face masks. Covid aware.
9) Micropest is a current member of the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association.
Important Facts About A Current Pest Control Licence
The head technician for Micropest - Pest Control Sydney is Gerard Dallow; he has over thirty-five years of providing solutions for thousands of pest infestations. Ten years in South Australia and twenty-five on the Sydney's North Shore, C.B.D of Sydney, Inner West, Eastern Suburbs, Northern Beaches, and Hills districts.
A very important and significant difference between the licensing today and licensing thirty-five years ago is that to get a full pest licence it used to take three years to complete. Today you can buy a franchise, and a trainer can give you a permit within seven days.
When I started, I had to study at TAFE and spend the allocated time being trained by someone with a full licence which was three years. I was very fortunate as the person who taught me was in his late sixties and had been in the industry for over forty years. He was the number one trouble shooter for Flick Adelaide for ten years. I learned a lot more than most, but he did treat me like an apprentice and a general dogsbody.
When you first start with the pest industry, you go through the motions. You don't think too much about what you are doing. But like a fine wine, a good pest controller after five or so years starts to think about why and where they are spraying. After spending ten years in the pest industry, you're an expert, and you can do it in your sleep. Thirty-five years in the industry, and you're at the top of the food chain.
It is very rare to have a pest tech come to your house, with over thirty-five years of experience. When you telephone Micropest pest control Sydney, you will get an operator who has been in the industry for more than thirty-five years to carry out your pest service.
Differentiation Between Past And Current Pest Control Treatments.
In a nutshell, the main fundamental difference between pest control in the past, and current methods, is all about repellent, and non-repellent chemicals. When I first started in the industry, all the pest treatments we used were very cheap, toxic, environmentally unfriendly, smelly, messy, repellent and just outright dangerous. Some even believed to be carcinogenic. The attitude was the more potent and the smellier the chemical was, and the more chemical applied, the better. Customers used to complain if there was not enough toxic smell or swimming pools of chemicals left on the floors. Old school.
The current modern quality pest control treatments are little or low odour, non-repellent, low toxicity, expensive, stainless, and most importantly, environmentally friendly. Environmentally friendly in the sense that they don't stay in the environment for an extended period. Unfortunately, the majority of effective pest control treatments have an element of toxicity but in increments relative to the target pest and not to babies and pets. Treatments are applied more strategically reducing the amount of volume. Today if the pest treatment applied smells, the customer complains. But be warned there are many cowboys out there that will use highly toxic cheap chemicals, to save a few dollars.
What is going on recently?
At long last spring is here bringing with it unusually warm weather, blossoming trees and increasing enquires for residential pests such as termites, cockroaches, and spiders. Spring is the optimum time of year to get a pest control treatment and a termite inspection.
The number one pest at present in Sydney is termites. With all the rain we have had lately and the sporadic warm weather termites are waking up from their hibernation and starting to feed. The second most popular pest at present is fleas. With COVID-19 and the lockdown, a lot more people are exercising their dogs more in the local parks and picking up other dogs stray fleas, especially in high-density living areas. Thirdly because many people are working from home and ordering in takeaway food instead of eating out the German cockroach infestations have increased dramatically. Lastly, people have a little more time on their hands; they are getting all those jobs done that have been waiting for eons such as termite inspections, termite control, and pest control treatments.
1) If you hear noises in the roof, do not delay investigating. Rats do like to gnaw on electrical wires and have been known to cause fires. After the rats have being controlled if you wash your house with a diluted solution of Chlorine, it will remove the pheromone tracks from the rats making it less likely for a rat re-infestation.
2) Cut trees away from the roof of your house, making it more difficult for possums and rats to gain entry to your roof cavity. Install downpipe filters to stop rats climbing up the downpipes to gain access to the roof.
3) Any signs of German-cockroaches in your house or apartment, please do not spray them as you will spread them throughout your abode. Ring a professional, and they will bait them with a cockroach bait called Maxforce Gold.
4) If you go on holiday, please check your hotel room for bed bugs before you stay in the room. If found, ask to move to another room if not change hotels. Unpack your luggage outside when you arrive home and never store your luggage in the bedroom.
5) If you haven't had a termite inspection for a while, it is strongly recommended to get one at least once a year. Not only is it necessary, but it will give you peace of mind.
6) As soon as you see a male Brush Turkey in your yard, Rabbits or Bandicoots. Run down to Bunnings and pick up a couple of bags of the smelliest dynamic lifter you can find and spread it evenly over your lawn and gardens and sometimes if you are lucky the smell sends them next door. They all have very sensitive noses. Rake up all the leaves starting July to November, so the male bush turkey has nothing to make the nest.
7) If you find termites in the garden or house, ring a termite control expert promptly. Termites cause considerable damage. Do not spray termites leave them alone until a professional can evaluate them; otherwise it might take a lot longer to exterminate them and cost you considerably more.
8) If you find bees or wasps in the garden or house, don't delay ring Micropest promptly. Bees and wasps are dangerous and should be treated by trained professionals.
Pest Control Sydney Price List
Micropest provides the following services with an approximate price. For all domestic and commercial pest control, please don't hesitate to ring because we do have specials from time to time and we are flexible.
Pest Control Sydney company Micropest Pty Ltd will endeavour to assist you in the best and most helpful way and will always treat the customer with respect honestly and ethically.
Address: 24/24-36 Pacific Highway, Wahroonga N.S.W 2076
Phone:1300 243 377
Hours: Open 7 days, 7 am–10 pm
We provide the same day emergency services for the Upper North Shore suburbs of Wahroonga, Pymble, Hornsby, Turramurra, Westleigh and Thornleigh.
Address:111 Yallambee Road Berowra, Sydney N.S.W 2081.
Phone:(02) 9489 0013
Hours: Open 7 days, 7 am–10 pm
We provide the same day emergency services for Berowra, Galston, Arcadia, Brooklyn, Mt White, Mt Colah and Asquith.
Address: 1/457 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills N.S.W 2010.
Phone:1300 884 166
Hours: Open 7 days, 7 am–10 pm
We provide the same day emergency services for the inner Sydney suburbs of Surry Hills, Paddington, Redfern, Alexandria, Glebe, Newtown, Pyrmont, Camperdown and Ultimo.